These genius cot sheets by ergoPouch are designed just for newborns. The Baby Tuck Sheet is a firm-fitting mattress sleeve that provides added security and comfort after tucking baby into a cot or bassinet for sleep. Providing a safer alternative to loose blankets, and to be used alongside ergoPouch swaddles.
These cot and bassinet sheets are TOG-rated and are a safe alternative to blankets for baby sleep. Designed to use over the top of a swaddle or sleeping bag, these cot sheets are a firm-fitting mattress sleeve that provides added security and comfort for a newborn during sleep. Each side of the Baby Tuck Sheet is TOG-rated, simply flip the sheet over to adjust the warmth and follow ergoPouch's Bedding Temperature guide for help knowing how to dress baby for bed. The zips allow you to adjust to two levels of firmness (tightness), to find the perfect fit for your baby's size, or strength of startle reflex.
The Baby Tuck Sheet has been stringently tested and approved as safe by leading independant infant safety organisation INPAA. When using the right size for your baby's length and sleep envrionment, the Baby Tuck Sheet will not come up higher than mid-way up baby's chest adhearing to safe sleep guidelines. These cot sheets cannot become untucked from the mattress, be pulled up near baby's face, or be classified as loose bedding in any way. The safest sleep bedding on the market. If your baby (houdini) does manage to get their legs out of the Tuck Sheet, it will simply lie flat on the mattress. Newborns who object to being swaddled may find the firmness of the Tuck Sheet comforting in lieu of sleeping with their arms in.
ergoPouch products are reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as being skin-friendly. All ergoPouch fabrics are dyed with non-toxic water based dyes, and come in three colours to suit any nursery.
HOW TO USE
1. Slip the Baby Tuck Sheet over the end of your baby's mattress. Choose the 0.2 TOG side up for a light feel and layer in warm rooms, or the 1.0 TOG side up for a firmer feel and warmer layer in moderate temperature rooms. Refer to Bedding Temperature Guide (included in pack) for more information.
2. Dress your baby in their sleepwear. We recommend a Layer (onesie), underneath a Cocoon Swaddle Bag (arms in or out) or Sleeping Bag (arms out). Use the Bedding Temperature Guide to help you choose the right product combination and TOG.
3. Unzip the Baby Tuck Sheet. Lay your baby under the open folds, with their feet touching the end of the cot / crib.
4. Zip up the sheet, to the desired firmness. You should easily be able to zip up the sheet, and firmly fit two fingers between the sheet and your baby. Once zipped up, ensure the sheet does not come up higher than the middle of your baby's chest. If it is coming up higher, simply tuck more of the sheet under the mattress until the right length is achieved. As your child grows taller, continue to adjust.
5. Unzip the sheet to remove baby from it.
6. Discontinue use once your baby shows signs of rolling over
Available in Grey, Rust or Wheat and Bassinet Sheet size and Cot Sheet Size
Such a clever idea for safe sleep!