Getting out an about with your baby can sometimes feel like more hassle than what it’s worth. But did you know that there are so many benefits for both you and your baby from just spending a couple hours outside?
Benefits of getting outside with your baby include:
- Your baby is able to explore and enjoy the world around them which can also help with their language development.
- By being outside and letting your baby learn different environments, sights and smells they are able to develop greater gross motor skills and cognitive development.
- When babies are outside, they tend to explore by picking up grass, rocks and leaves all helping to further develop their fine motor skills and their hand eye coordination.
- Being outside has been proven to help improve your mood as well as your baby’s mood as well as being beneficial for your overall health and wellbeing. Add in the extra Vitamin D your baby is getting from being outside in the fresh air and you can’t go wrong!!
- Being outside for as little as 30 minutes a day can help your baby sleep better. This is because sun exposure helps the body to produce a hormone called melatonin, which helps with sleep. Being outside during the day is also a vital tool in helping your baby learn the difference with night and day and therefore, develop their circadian clock.
So, as you can see the benefits of spending time outside everyday are definitely worth the hassle!!