The Skip Hop back-to-school guide has you covered with all of your little one’s needs for their first day, with an array of characters and animals that your kids will love and enjoy taking with them. Whether you’re looking for a new backpack, lunch box, food containers or water bottle, Skip Hop has you covered.
Starting the year off right is best for everyone involved. So while summer isn’t over yet, we can’t help but start to prepare for what’s ahead.
With starting school comes new routines, and with new routines comes excitement… and some anxiety. We find that one of the best ways to ease the anxiety and prepare for a smooth transition is to include your child in preparing for what’s to come. Here are some tips for preparing for back-to-school:
- Talk to your child about the school year beginning. Share with them any information you have, such as their teacher’s name, which friends will be in their class, and some of the fun activities that they will get to do at school.
- Encourage them to voice any concerns they may have so that you can try and tackle them ahead of time.
- Read a variety of books about starting school to help with the transition.
- If you have little ones entering preschool or kindergarten, make a little photo book with them of pictures of everyone in the family that they can keep in their backpack.
- Include your child in their back-to-school shopping, from their first day of school outfits to their backpack!
- Come up with fun lunch ideas with your kids before school starts and then include them in their own lunch preparation.
No matter what year your kids are in, they will be coming home from school with activities and work to share with you not to mention hungry! Make sure that you are sending your child to school with a backpack that can hold all their work, but not be too big and heavy for them to carry. Skip Hop Backpacks are the perfect size for your preschoolers to carry! The adjustable pocket on the side is perfect for their matching straw bottles to ensure easy access. Keep important notes for the teacher or anything else you need to access quickly in the front zipper compartment. To avoid losing their belongings, write your child’s name on their backpacks in the space provided.
Skip Hop has three different sizes of back to school Backpacks that you can choose from to suit your child.
The Skip Hop Zoo Lunch Bags have lots of room for their favourite lunch and snacks. The insulated bag keeps their food and drinks cold — there is one large compartment that is big enough for main course, snack and drink. The interior mesh pocket is the perfect place to put their cutlery, ice block, even a note to make your little ones smile!
Skip Hop back-to-school bags
If your child likes animals, the Zoo Little Kid Backpack from Skip Hop is a great choice. The padded straps will be easy on your kids’ shoulders. There are two side pockets for water bottles and several zippered pockets to store essentials. Plus, the interior is spacious for homework, books, and more. Suitable from pre-K and beyond. However, if you’re looking for a larger option, the Big Kid Style can fit a 13-inch MacBook.
A safe way to look after your child when outing to big places such as the zoo is with the Mini Backpack with a safety harness. It has straps that were designed to stay in place as well as a detachable harness. Available in several fun zoo prints!
Make meal time a breeze with the Zoo Lunch Kits, a perfect sized bento style lunch box that encourages independent eating, and makes everyday meals fun. Coordinating clips make it a snap for your child to open and close it themselves, while the rubber seal locks the lid in place to prevent leaks.